21st Century Parks serves as stewards entrusted to create and preserve unexcelled parklands that reflect the needs and values of our whole community. The goal of 21st Century Parks is to build a world-class, systemic addition to Louisville’s park system that will shape the city and local economy for years to come.
- A passion for Louisville and its parks
- A respect for people and nature
- Public access
- A new suburban landscape
- Accountable management
By adhering to these core values, we can better serve the community, providing 6 Key Benefits to area residents:
- Community – Public parks bring people together. We provide a place for people all across the community to gather in a shared space and interact with one another.
- Recreational – The Parklands are diverse and for all ability levels. Our world-class, recreational amenities include more than 40 miles of hiking and biking trails, children’s playground and spraygrounds, sports fields, fishing lakes, community gardens and much more to peak all kinds of interests.
- Health – Clean, safe parks promote healthy living by providing a location where residents can get outdoors and get active.
- Environmental – Guided by a 100-year environment plan, The Parklands professionally maintains nearly 4,000 acres to encourage healthy forests, increased wildlife habitat and improved water quality–each of which are important to the ecological health of our community.
- Educational – Through “The Outdoor Classroom” we offer both in-classroom and outdoor learning experiences that lead to an understanding of our Kentucky landscape and the creatures that live and grow within it. Programs offered include field trips, family workshops, science camps, interpretive hikes, birthday parties and scout programs.
- Economic & Quality of Life – People want access to green space. Louisville’s park system helps distinguish it as a great place to live and work.